The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As a Venture Development intern (m/f/d), you will support the development of internal and external digitization projects, reaching from strategic partnerships with existing players to new developments of digital products and services for tomorrow’s travelers.
You will work in a fast-paced interdisciplinary project team of two to ten members, depending on project status, initial project structure. You will participate in KPI and milestone definition, acquisition of relevant partners, product development control and strategic business development with internal and external stakeholders.
- Degree in Business Administration or a similar field of study
- Ideally, you have firsthand professional experience of working in a startup, incubator or a consultancy within the travel industry
- You have a deep understanding and passion for online business models
- You come along with one special field of expertise, may it be online marketing, data analytics, design, product management or other
- You are up to date with developments in the startup scene and the latest tech trends
- You are communicative, energetic and an excellent team player with an ability to solve problems
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- You are a travel enthusiast
- Availability from July 2021 for at least 3 months
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international startup ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as supporter and challenger
- Multi-faceted corporate culture in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits