CEO / Co-Founder Business @ Travel Tech Platform (m/f/d)
Our new travel tech venture provides a B2B2C online booking platform for flight related services and ancillaries (eg flight upgrades, seat reservations or baggage). The solution is currently already in service generating revenues at multiple airlines and tour operators. In order to take this venture to the next level, we are looking for strong co-founders to establish a company and grow it to 10x.
As Co-Founder Business you are fully responsible for the strategy and growth of the company. You drive the founding process, build an outstanding team and own all business & financing aspects of the company. Jointly with the Co-founder Product & Tech you drive the overall growth, cultivate partnerships and build close relationships with customers and investors. With your strong entrepreneurial drive you develop this venture into a leading player in the travel tech market.
- In close collaboration with LIH, you develop the venture into a full-blown travel tech company
- Lead all fundraising activities and investor communications, strongly supported by LIH
- Find and develop the best talent
- Own the business model including overarching short- and long-term vision & strategy
- Represent the company and maintain trust relationships to all relevant external stakeholders
- Own all financial aspects of the company
- Actively build and foster a strong organization and shape a growth culture
- Drive all sales and growth aspects of the company (incl. strategy, operations, resource planning, setup of sales & customer success organization)
- Establish strategic partnerships
- Maximize success by establishing clear targets, suitable metrics and data-driven decision making
- Entrepreneur with strong desire to build and grow a travel tech company
- Proven track record with direct link to above listed responsibilities, eg as entrepreneur, manager in scale-up, or travel tech veteran
- Credible understanding of major digital business models, technologies and the tech ecosystem
- Strong business acumen, innovation mindset and hands-on attitude
- Visionary yet able to execute with strong management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) as well as strong presentation skills
- Fluency in English
- Previous experience as (co-)founder
- Experience in aviation or tourism industries with a strong network
- Knowledge of aviation distribution technologies
- Experience in Venture Capital or Strategy Consulting Outstanding degree in Business / MBA
- Fluency in German
What we offer:
- Be the co-founder of a validated travel tech venture in the aviation industry that already generates revenues
- Attractive equity package – the founding team will hold the majority of the company
- Leverage the power of Lufthansa Innovation Hub and Lufthansa Group for a head start into the market
- Beautiful office space and close exchange with LIH and other LIH spin-offs and ventures
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Startup grant for the first three months
At the Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) we explore and design the future of travel.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities .
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships and supports Lufthansa Group in its digital and cultural transformation.
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.
Please send your application email@example.com