The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As the Chief of Staff (m/f/d) you work directly with the Managing Director to drive business strategy, manage various stakeholders and independently drive special strategic projects. You will be responsible to drive day-to-day business operations, conduct market assessment and provide venture sparring to our ventures. You will be involved in various aspects of running an entrepreneurial business while also working with start-ups, investors and internal stakeholders.
Direct Support of the MD and Special Projects
- Set strategic priorities and sound overall business and strategy direction with the MD
- Prepare meetings and presentations
- Lead, execute and manage special business projects
- Lead annual strategic planning, budget process and quarterly strategic meetings
- Actively manage and drive various stakeholder relationships (Lufthansa Group, Investors, Public, Startups), including preparation, follow up and conducting meetings
- Support event coordination and preparation
Market Assessment and Venture Sparring
- Market assessment, including research, competitive benchmarking, data analysis and making recommendations
- Drive venture pitch decks, business model and go-to-market strategies
- Provide sparring, sounding and advice to venture teams
- Support venture teams in fundraising and provide guidance for portfolio companies
- Manage day-to-day operations making sure the company vision is aligned with the operational needs
- Define and track key performance indicators and value creation for the business
- Drive and coordinate processes and meetings on OKRs, KPIs and Growth
- Connect, coordinate and communicate between workstreams crossfuntionally
- Support the People & Org in team building, hiring and team meetings
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or similar field
- 5-7 years experience in business development, strategy or executive management (Management consultancy is a plus)
- Proven track record in organizing and working with multiple teams and departments crossfunctionally
- Entrepreneurial spirit, profound knowledge of corporate management and steering
- Generalist, extremely versatile, and loving juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.