The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for the Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of the Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
Become part of the LIH Communications team which is closely interconnected both with the LIH Management as well as the five LIH Capabilities (Discover, Partner, Build, Invest, Transform). You stay up-to-date with relevant developments both inside LIH, Lufthansa Group and beyond at any time and deliver credible stories to form a consistent image of our work.
With this goal, the Communications team is mastering all major disciplines to reach our most important stakeholders, for example journalists, players of the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem, tech talent as well as the digital community and top management of the Lufthansa Group.
As Communications Manager (m/f/d) you are especially the champion of our PR activities, constantly developing the communication narrative for LIH as a whole and its projects and ventures in specific. Particularly, you will act as the single point of contact for media representatives and maintain a close collaboration with the Corporate Communications department of Lufthansa Group.
We are looking for strategic minds and especially brilliant storytellers with strong verbal and written skills. Our team will trust you with the creation of maximum awareness for our ventures and attention towards our data-driven research activities. Your work will essentially contribute to our goal of demonstrating thought leadership in the field of Travel and Mobility Tech context.
The position reports to the Head of Communications.
- Create and implement innovative and creative PR and communication measures for our branches in Berlin/Germany (focus), Singapore and Shanghai/China
- Write press releases, media statements and other texts for external and internal communication purposes
- Manage all media inquiries on topics related to the LIH and its work
- Proactively keep our internal and external key-stakeholders up-to-date and constantly expand our network with relevant heads
- Initiate, prepare and accompany interviews for key-members of our team
- Develop and implement cooperations with (media) partners
- Create top-management-presentations for conferences, internal and external briefings etc.
- Accurately measure and constantly optimize our PR activities
- Drive our data-driven storytelling across all channels, in particular through our own content platform travelandmobility.tech and social media channels
- Support special projects of the LIH (e.g. media events, conferences, panel discussions etc.)
- Degree in PR, Communications, Journalism or a related field
- 4+ years of experience as a PR Manager in an agency and/or corporate communications
- Deep knowledge of communication and brand measurement
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Strong strategic sense for successful storytelling
- Substantial network in the German media landscape, preferably in the context of tech, business, travel and/or mobility
- Tangible experience with content-management-systems (e.g. WordPress, Mailchimp)
- Strong interest in travel and mobility as well their intersection with tech
- Creative, strategic and analytical mindset
- Fluent in German and English
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Maintain a global perspective for your work from Berlin over Singapore to Shanghai
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.