Our new travel tech venture provides a B2B2C online booking platform for flight related services and ancillaries (e.g. flight upgrades, seat reservations or baggage). The solution is currently already in service generating revenues at multiple airlines and tour operators.
In order to take this venture to the next level, we are looking for strong co-founders to establish a company and grow it to 10x.
As part of the founding team you build up and own all tech and product of the company including building up respective teams. Jointly with the Co-founder Business you drive the overall growth and transform customer needs into the best solution on the market. With your strong entrepreneurial drive you develop this venture into a leading player in the travel tech market.
- In close collaboration with LIH, you develop the venture into a full-blown travel tech company
- Lead the current engineering team & build-up a new development and product team for growing 10x.
- Navigate the technical infrastructure of airlines and establish strong partnerships with API & data providers
- Own the product roadmap, shape the product vision and manage the company’s tech stack
- Ensure smooth operations and data-based decision making
- Continuously improve the user experience based on data
- Experienced in building and growing a digital product or service from scratch into a successful business – as a startup leader, entrepreneur or product leader
- Proven leadership record in building, managing and retaining a tech team
- Credible understanding of technology-enabled business models
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills
- Experience working in an successful early-stage tech start-up or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to share/collaborate with peers
- Fluency in English, spoken and written with strong communication skills
- Experience as startup (co-)founder / (CTO, CPO roles)
- Exceptional degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with aviation distribution technologies
- Experience with our tech stack (Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, AWS)
- Fluency in German
What we offer:
- Be the co-founder of a validated travel tech venture in the aviation industry that already generates revenues
- Attractive equity package – the founding team will hold the majority of the company
- Leverage the power of Lufthansa Innovation Hub and Lufthansa Group for a headstart into the market
- Beautiful office space and close exchange with LIH and other LIH spin-offs and ventures
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Startup stipend for the first three months
The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.