At RYDES, we are building a travel engagement platform that empowers you to move around in a smart and sustainable way. Founded in the heart of Berlin with a passion for mobility, we are striving to shape a lifestyle product for the digital-savvy generation. Whether you hop on a train to work, jump on an e-scooter to university, grab a bike to meet your friends or book a taxi to your next party: RYDES aims to aggregate all different modes of transportation in one app! We make them bookable and reward people for their loyalty to move the way they want. We are a bunch of rebels of mobility, ready to disrupt and challenge the status quo of existing mobility solutions! Are you ready for RYDES?
Why we need you!
Here at RYDES, you’ll play a huge role in shaping how our users interact with the platform and you’ll have the chance to foster a collaborative learning environment at the same time.
We are a small team of creative and bright-minded people who are passionate about making a difference to the way people move. We disrupt anything previously seen, yet take data and customer needs to the forefront of our decisions. We’re now looking to get our hands dirty, grow as a team and continue to enhance our product – and we can’t do it without you!
As CTO you will work alongside our Founder / CEO and COO and be responsible for the implementation of the technical roadmap across different products. Ideally you have an affinity towards travel and mobility tech. We’d like you to be a leader who is not afraid to earn the respect of their tech team through strong individual contributions across the stack.
How you’ll shape the mobility of tomorrow:
- Building and leading a high-performing engineering team
- Helping to shape and committing to a product roadmap together with the leadership team
- Working with the PM to ensure backlogs are always filled and prioritized
- Recruiting new members for the engineering team
- Making the final decision on technology choices after weighing all arguments from the engineers implementing a specific solution
- Creating a workplace environment that wins, keeps and develops skilled and autonomous engineers
- Conducting 1-1s and protecting the happiness of your engineers
- Earning the respect of your team through strong individual coding contributions
- Running the development team in an agile way
- Giving constructive code reviews
What you will bring along
- You’ve successfully built, led and retained a high-performing tech team and shipped a number of web/mobile projects
- You are as much a leader as you are a strong individual contributor
- You see yourself as a coach to the team, tasked with helping each member reach their full potential
- Your career has given you enough scars to know not to ride the bleeding edge, but also not to use tech with mothballs
- You are able to explain technical issues to non-technical leadership in a way that they buy into
- Expert-level proficiency in Ruby or Python and at least one other general purpose programming language
- Expert-level proficiency in SQL ( Postgres, MySQL )
- Hands-on DevOps experience (Ubuntu, AWS, GCE)
- Expertise with Git and CI / CD workflows
- Fluent English
What’s in it for you?
- Be one of the first team members of a fast-growing mobility tech start-up;
- Significant growth potential and an array of entrepreneurial insights within a thriving environment;
- The freedom to innovate: have an idea how to improve something? Go for it and own it!
- We focus on results, not hierarchies – we want to grow as a team;
- Shape customers’ mobility journey of tomorrow;
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin.
At RYDES, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.