The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
The Designer (m/f/d) supports various LIH departments in the conceptual and visual design of digital product design, data driven infographics, reports as well as communication design and social media projects:
You will work on the design of our in-house developed digital services and products. This will include conceptional work on the positioning of new brands, the development of the design identity and guidelines as well as the execution of the design of the app- and web-services. You will visualize our data-driven research insights and analyses. You will use your creative and conceptual thinking to design infographics and other graphical formats in order to communicate the underlying key messages loud and clearly. You will work on the visual concept of our content formats and make sure that all communication is 100% consistent with the LIH brand.
You will work within small and fast-moving interdisciplinary teams in our Berlin office and report to the Head of Communications.
- Drive design projects (e.g. for our Build and Discover team) holistically
- Visualize data-driven analyses and take our data-driven storytelling to the next level (reports, infographics, research content-platform)
- Create strong, lasting and differentiated brands for our digital services and products
- Act as “branding advocate” to ensure a consistent and qualitative appearance of LIH across all channels
- Design C-level presentations and give them the unique LIH look & feel
- Enhance and refine our growing content platform tnmt.com with the right image material to boost its unique research content
- Plan and execute design workshops for our product teams
- Educate us as a whole organisation on state-of-the-art design for digital products and online platforms
- Degree in Design (Bachelor or Master)
- At least three years of relevant work experience in graphic design (in an agency, freelance etc.)
- Experience in web- and app-design
- Command of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD) and MS PowerPoint are a must
- Extremely fast in drafting first designs for MVPs
- Ability to abstract complex data and insights to create infographics
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail for our research content
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to consistently apply and extend our existing corporate design
- English and German fluency
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.