The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for the Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of the Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As Executive Assistant (m/f/d) you will support our Managing Director in his day-to-day business activities, communication and planning. Thereby, you will conduct research, prepare material for business decisions, design narratives for public appearances and engage in interactions with the LIH teams on regular basis. As the go-to-person of and proxy towards the Managing Director, you will also coordinate and collaborate with external stakeholder, organize travel, correspondence and appearances within an international scope.
Overall, you will help the Managing Director to shape a better understanding of the LIH, its strategy, mission and culture through more efficient decision making.
The role is based in Berlin and will report to the head of our People & Organisation team.
- You act as the daily sparringspartner to our Managing Director in the creation and development of ideas, plans and projects
- You curate, challenge and/or summarise material such as presentation, speaking notes and memos
- You create internal and external presentation material from scratch
- You maintain the Managing Director’s calendar, coordinate domestic and international travel as well as expense accounting
- You handle correspondence with internal and external stakeholders, filter incoming requests and keep the Managing Director informed on relevant matters
- You collaborate closely with our Team Assistant to arrange internal and external meetings and events (e.g. team offsites, press visits) and thereby act as an ambassador of our People & Organisation efforts
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration (or equivalent)
- At least three years of relevant work experience in a fast-paced and service-oriented environment
- High level of integrity and discretion towards sensitive information
- Ability to bridge traditional corporate culture and startup world
- Highly motivated and organized
- Impeccable attention to detail and proactivity
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, positivity and team-oriented attitude
- Fluent in German and English (written and spoken)
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Maintain a global perspective for your work from Berlin over Singapore to Shanghai
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.