The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for the Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of the Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As Finance & Accounting Manager (m/f/d) you are driving the daily accounting operations of the LIH and its ventures. Thereby, you analyze accounting data, drive the preliminary monthly accounting, produce financial reports and steer our annual accounts with an external advisory firm. Next to that, you are constantly enforcing accounting policies and principles across our organisation and help our newly founded ventures to set-up scalable structures accordingly. Being this the case, you act as the main go-to-person for all financial inquiries both within LIH, from the wider Lufthansa Group organisation as well as external stakeholders.
The role is based in Berlin and will report to the Head of our People & Organisation team.
- You drive the day-to-day financial operations of LIH and its ventures including invoicing, payment transactions and credit card management
- You curate financial forecasts and reportings for our Managing Directors
- You reconcile and clarify vendor accounts and G/L accounts
- You engage in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements with our tax advisor
- You monitor, analyze and validate routine expenditures (e.g. travel expenses)
- You improve and streamline our internal processes in order to make our bookkeeping and financial tracking more efficient
- You act as the main contact person for all accounting-related topics and measures
- You coordinate with relevante Lufthansa Group stakeholders (e.g. Accounting, Controlling, Corporate Governance)
- Degree in Business Administration/Economics, Finance or similar
- At least three years of professional experience in the field of finance
- You know how to prioritize your work and are able to multitask
- You to meet tight deadlines and manage high volume transactions with high customer orientation plus an extraordinary service attitude
- Very good knowledge of HGB and tax law
- Safe handling of MS Office and knowledge of Datev
- Fluent in German and English (written and verbal)
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Maintain a global perspective for your work from Berlin over Singapore to Shanghai
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.