The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai. The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
With its first international office in Singapore, the LIH is expanding its footprint from Europe towards the world’s most dynamic Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem, Asia. Thereby, Singapore is of particular importance being a frontrunner in Urban Mobility as well as the headquarter of the Lufthansa Group APAC organization.
As Head of Asia (m/f/d) you are driving the growing Asian footprint of the Lufthansa Innovation Hub focussing on various local Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystems. Serving as the primary “eyes and ears” of the Berlin/Germany-based LIH in the APAC region and especially China, you will engage in a constant, proactive dialogue with relevant entrepreneurs, startups, corporates, venture capitalists, academia as well as specific talent in order to ensure a relevant local context for our trend & market intelligence, partnership, company building as well as strategic investment activities in Asia.
The position reports to the Managing Directors of the LIH Berlin.
- Act as the leading representative of the LIH in core APAC markets and especially China to grow and shape our footprint in the Travel & Mobility Tech landscape
- Build, manage and optimize our growing network of partners and multiplicators such as startups, grownups, digital giants, corporates and stakeholders across Lufthansa Group in core Asian markets including China
- Filter and funnel Asian Travel & Mobility Tech trends, insights, targets and business opportunities addressing strategic needs of LIH and the Lufthansa Group digital agenda
- Analyse and identify future potential growth areas as well as opportunities for new strategic partnerships and projects across Lufthansa Group in core Asian markets
- Negotiate terms and conditions for partnership trials as well as long-term-collaborations between Lufthansa Group and digital players
- Co-create new products, partnerships and services together with local ecosystem players as well as various specialist teams of the LIH Berlin headquarters
- Maintain a high degree of entrepreneurial freedom and resource allocation responsibility
- Steer the ramp-up of our next Asian satellite location in Shanghai, China
- Represent the LIH on relevant platforms (e.g. events, conferences, media, industry advocacy groups) to maintain a holistic and authentic footprint in the Asian tech ecosystem
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration (or equivalent) is a must, MBA a bonus
- At least five years of relevant work experience in the digital context, preferably in the Asian ecosystem
- Open and outgoing personality with strong intercultural skills, eager to meet new people and companies
- Existing network in the Asian tech ecosystem (Travel & Mobility Tech focus a plus)
- Experienced in startup, VC and/or company building context as well as key-account- and/or project management, preferably in the Asian digital space
- Credible understanding of major digital business models, technologies and respective modes of collaboration in a connected world
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- Fluent in English (Mandarin, German and/or further local languages a big plus)
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Be one of the first hires of our small, but growing Asia organization with a high degree of personal responsibility and autonomy
- Grow our base within the established Lufthansa Group APAC headquarters in the heart of Singapore
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as supporter and challenger
- Receive competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.