The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As a temporary HR Operations & Finance Manager (m/f/d) you act as our go-to person for all HR-administration- and finance-related inquiries of the LIH and its ventures. You drive the daily accounting operations, analyze accounting data, drive the preliminary monthly accounting, produce financial reports and steer our annual accounts with an external advisory firm.
Thereby, you build the bridge between the LIH, the Lufthansa Group and external stakeholders for all finance-related requests. As part of our People & Organisation team you will be responsible for contract management, payroll and communication with our employees and with relevant external partners such as health insurances and authorities.
The role is based in Berlin, will report to the Lead of People & Organisation and is temporary until December 1st, 2021.
- You drive the day-to-day financial operations of LIH and its ventures including invoicing, payment transactions and credit card management
- You curate financial forecasts and reportings for our Managing Director
- You reconcile and clarify vendor accounts and G/L accounts
- You engage in the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements with our tax advisor
- You monitor, analyze and validate routine expenditures (e.g. travel expenses)
- You coordinate with relevante Lufthansa Group stakeholders (e.g. accounting, controlling, corporate governance, IT) and act as the main contact person for all LH Group-related administrative topics and measures
- You report all figures and data required by the LH Group in the respective internal group databases and tools
- You are responsible for all personnel files and personnel relevant documents
- You will draw up employment contracts in consultation with the HR Manager and will be responsible for the administrative processes of new hires up to onboarding (e.g. Ordering hardware, IT, software, setting up the email address, necessary access and log-in’s)
- You prepare the monthly payroll in cooperation with the tax office and are the first contact person for the team
- Next to the day-to-day business, you will be actively involved in optimizing and streamling our operational HR and finance processes
- Degree in Business Administration/Economics, Finance or similar
- At least three years of professional experience in the field of Finance & HR
- You know how to prioritize your work and are able to multitask
- You to meet tight deadlines and manage high volume transactions with high customer orientation plus an extraordinary service attitude
- Good knowledge of HGB and tax law
- Safe handling of MS Office and knowledge of Datev
- Fluent in German and English (written and verbal)
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Maintain a global perspective for your work from Berlin over Singapore to Shanghai
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.