INTERIM: Product Manager – Learning & Development (m/f/d) | 06/23 – 10/24
At the Lufthansa Innovation Hub, we’re pioneering the future of travel for the Lufthansa Group, the industry, but most importantly for everyone who travels.
The landscape of the travel industry is changing. Our job is to identify these shifts and translate them into new business opportunities in the travel sector.
We are guided by our ambition to take travel to new destinations. To achieve this we believe in constantly pushing the limits‘ to make travel easier, more convenient and more enjoyable.
By building a valuable portfolio of travel companies and products, we are making an essential contribution to the asset-light business strategy of the Lufthansa Group.
As (Senior) Interim Product Manager (m/f/d) you are responsible for managing and scaling our innovation enablement platform ’neXus‘ built by LIH within Lufthansa Group. You act as the first representative for the product internally at the LIH as well as within the Lufthansa Group.
Acting as a bridge between these two entities, you ensure a smooth operation – of the platform itself as well as with your collaborating LIH colleagues and the engineering team. With your product expertise, you scope and coordinate the further development and ongoing operations of the platform with the engineering team. Keeping an eye on the development of our key metrics, you also strategically drive the adoption of the platform through intentional marketing and communication measures. You will also get the opportunity to explore the external product market fit and validate the desirability, feasibility and viability of the platform on the external market.
With your good understanding of the broad spectrum of innovation topics (e.g. corporate innovation, innovation culture, trends & technologies) you can drive the platform content-wise. Based on your
experience as part of the Lufthansa Group, you can identify new (sub)topics to increase the attractiveness and interest of the platform for all colleagues. It is a plus if you are also familiar with corporate and startup innovation methodologies (e.g. Agile, Lean Startup, Design Thinking), and New Work and are able to formalize these as content resources yourself or you can enable the right colleagues internally at LIH or within the Lufthansa Group for that.
As part of your work, you manage current stakeholders and build up relationships with new stakeholders within Lufthansa Group in order to increase awareness and outreach of the platform.
The position is part of the growing LIH Transformation team in Berlin with some degree of personal presence at Lufthansa Group locations in Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna, Zurich and Cologne.
- Strategically managing the platform: Guiding the project and overseeing the different project areas (product, content, market, commercialisation) to ensure flawless platform operations
- Leading the adoption of the platform: Position the platform towards Lufthansa Group in order to scale their innovation potential with a strong focus on user-centricity with the aim to grow the user base
- Planning further developments: Deduct business requirements from stakeholders and user insights, translating these into technical requirements with the engineering team as well as developing and maintaining a prioritized backlog and roadmap for the product
- Development of content: Crafting content resources and enable creators to add resources to the platform
- Exploring external opportunities: Validating the external product-market fit to tap into external commercialisation of the platform
- Relationship management: Act as the contact person for all platform-related matters inside the LIH as well as within Lufthansa Group, build up of relationships with new stakeholders
- At least two to five years of relevant work experience as product owner, (project) manager (or similar role) handling complex cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment
- Additional experience in business modelling, innovation management, digital and cultural transformation, consulting or change management is a plus
- Strong interest in (corporate) innovation and it’s variety of topics (e.g. corporate innovation, innovation culture, trends & technologies) with familiarity with and knowledgeable in corporate and startup innovation methodologies (e.g. Agile, Lean Startup, Design Thinking)
- Good overview and understanding of Lufthansa Group ecosystem to place products, increase interest for Lufthansa Group and build up relationships with new stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to help you align with LIH colleagues, stakeholders, and users to help to promote the platform with profound understanding which levers you need to drive adoption
- Comfortable in representing and marketing the product towards users and stakeholders while bringing a good stakeholder management sensibility to the table
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills
- Fluent in German and English
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, passionate, intrinsic motivated and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the Lufthansa Innovation Hub within an environment that values and actively fosters personal growth through sharing, mentoring and coaching in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Experience the value of collaboration across teams and be inspired and challenged by multiple perspectives
- The ability to make an impact and freedom to shape your work
- Work entrepreneurial with a high degree of ownership for your topics
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.
Please send your application email@example.com