At the Lufthansa Innovation Hub, we’re pioneering the future of travel for the Lufthansa Group, the industry, but most importantly for everyone who travels.
The landscape of the travel industry is changing. Our job is to identify these shifts and translate them into new business opportunities in the travel sector.
We are guided by our ambition to take travel to new destinations. To achieve this, we believe in constantly ‚pushing the limits‘ to make travel easier, more convenient, and more enjoyable.
By building a valuable portfolio of travel companies and products, we are making an essential contribution to the asset-light business strategy of the Lufthansa Group.
As an Intern Partnerships (m/f/d) in our New Business team in Berlin, Germany, you will support the development and ongoing optimization of commercial and strategic partnerships between Lufthansa Group, Lufthansa Innovation Hub and the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem.
You will identify partnership opportunities by understanding challenges and potential use cases in the core organization of Lufthansa Group on the one hand and by proactively scouting trends and upcoming players in Travel & Mobility Tech on the other hand.
You will contribute to the development of initiatives that support Lufthansa Innovation Hub’s footprint in the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem. This may include organizing workshops, events, or other innovation challenges to drive engagement between Lufthansa Group, Lufthansa Innovation Hub and the Travel & Mobility Tech sector.
By actively engaging with the Lufthansa Group and the start-up community, you will stay updated on the latest trends, emerging technologies, and disruptive ideas that can potentially benefit our partnership initiatives. Furthermore, you will have the opportunity to participate in industry events, where you can connect with promising start-ups and influential players in the ecosystem.
- First degree in an innovation-related field (eg, Technology Management, Entrepreneurship, Business Studies, Economics, Information Systems and/or Engineering Management)
- First professional experience of working in a start-up, incubator, corporate innovation unit or a consultancy, preferably within the travel industry
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, an analytical mindset, and focus on problem-solving
- Up to date with developments in the start-up scene and the latest tech trends
- Excellent communication and team player skills
- Great stakeholder management and organizational skills
- Profound experience with MS Office and love to explore new tools. Ideally, you are used to working with CRM systems (eg, Pipedrive, Hubspot) and collaboration & project management tools (eg, Slack, Notion, Miro, Asana)
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Fluency in English (German a plus)
- Availability of 6 months
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the aviation world as well as the international start-up ecosystem
- Work and entrepreneurial
- Maintain a global perspective for your work from Berlin over to Singapore
- Experience multi-faceted corporate culture with flat hierarchies in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Receive competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.