The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named “Germany’s Best Digital Lab” – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
We are looking for a (Jnr.) Transformation Manager (m/f/d) passionate about infusing innovation skills and culture into an organization.
As a (Jnr.) Transformation Manager you will work across and support multiple areas in Lufthansa Innovation Hub’s Transformation Team. Within the Transformation team, we bring together the deep LIH expertise in market-driven strategic intelligence, building and scaling digital ventures, scouting and working with start-ups with our own experience in corporate innovation, cultural transformation & organizational change. We understand what makes organizations innovative and the mindset, culture, ways of working and operating model they have to innovate at scale. Our aim is to translate these approaches into the context of Lufthansa Group and supercharge Lufthansa Group’s innovation capabilities.
We are looking for a candidate with a passion for innovation, transformation and building communities within organizations and first hands-on experience in developing and facilitating interactive workshops, creating unique content and perspectives around relevant
(innovation-related) topics and developing products and services. In your role, you will play a vital part in helping us continuously manage and expand our platforms, communities, learning formats and other services for Lufthansa Group.
You will, for instance, prepare and facilitate learning journeys with Lufthansa Group employees on the topic of innovation, develop formats for inspiration and exchange in an internal innovation community or work alongside our experienced transformation experts in specific transformation projects with Lufthansa Group. You will constantly build bridges between the external ecosystem and the Lufthansa Group to infuse best-practices. You will act as a credible advocate for corporate and startup innovation methodologies (e.g. Lean Startup, Design Thinking) and help further develop our very own take on innovation, transformation & cultural change.
The position is part of the growing LIH Transformation team in Berlin with personal presence at Lufthansa Group locations in Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna and Zurich as required.
- Planning, marketing, content development and support in execution of educational offerings (e.g. leadership trainings, virtual learning journeys, workshops).
- Concept development and execution of innovation-related formats and events for Lufthansa Group colleagues – physical and virtual.
- Support in scaling and marketing our internal digital platforms for Lufthansa Group to increase the visibility and impact of our products and services
- Maintaining and enhancing our communication activities and artifacts to make our offering visible to Lufthansa Group.
- Extension of respective LIH know-how and point of views on topics around innovation methodologies, leadership, culture development, future of work, etc.
- Ongoing relationship management of Lufthansa Group colleagues (e.g. decision makers, HR specialists) and external innovators (e.g. startups, other corporates)
- Know-how-transfer both into Lufthansa Innovation Hub as well as Lufthansa Group
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration, Innovation Management, Service Design and/or Behavioral Science context.
- At least 1-2 years of relevant work experience either in the consulting, start-up or corporate context with particular focus on innovation, transformation or learning & development.
- Experienced in workshop and training design, facilitation and organization and comfortable guiding larger teams in virtual or physical settings.
- Strong sense of ownership with desire to build new offerings.
- Creative mindset with desire to build new or evolve existing Transformation offerings
- Passion for developing own perspectives and summarizing point of views for internal and external audiences.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work independently.
- A critical thinker who is comfortable to speak up and likes to engage in constructive discussions to make a team or organization better.
- A team player with a hands-on mentality.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Working proficiency in German and English (C-Level)
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.