The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the Lufthansa Group based in Berlin and Singapore.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships and supports Lufthansa Group in its digital and cultural transformation.
With our mission of creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the LIH works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as experienced talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
We are looking for a (Junior) Transformation Manager (m/f/d) passionate about driving digital transformation and innovation in a corporate context.
As Transformation Manager you are responsible for the development and management of formats, channels and events with the objective of scaling the Lufthansa Group’s innovation potential and nurturing its digital and cultural transformation. In your role you inspire and educate Lufthansa Group on relevant trends, methodologies and beliefs regarding (digital) innovation based on the Lufthansa Innovation Hub’s market perspectives.
You will own the management and scaling of specific products aimed to support Lufthansa Group’s innovation agenda, such as an internal innovation community of digital-minded colleagues and decision makers. You develop, market and facilitate innovative workshop formats and learning journeys focused on a wide array of topics (e.g. digital trends, innovation methodologies, mindset, digital leadership). You also connect stakeholders within Lufthansa Group with relevant academic, tech players and service providers and promote our innovation measures on different communication platforms.
As a credible advocate for startup methodologies (e.g. Agile, Lean Startup, Design Thinking) and Future of Work you will further develop our own LIH take on transformation towards digitization and innovation.
The position is part of the growing LIH Transformation team in Berlin with personal presence at Lufthansa Group locations in Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna and Zurich as needed.
- Managing, marketing and scaling internal digital platforms to increase the visibility and impact of digital innovation within Lufthansa Group
- Support in planning, marketing and implementation of educational offerings (e.g. leadership trainings, virtual learning journeys, events)
- Extension of respective LIH know-how and point of views on topics around innovation methodologies, leadership, innovative organizations, future of work, etc.
- Support of communication and event marketing efforts
- Ongoing relationship management of internal (e.g. decision makers, HR specialists) and external (e.g. startups, academia, service providers) stakeholders
- Know-how-transfer both into Lufthansa Innovation Hub as well as Lufthansa Group
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration, Service Design and/or Behavioral Science context.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in corporate (innovation), management consulting with a focus on innovation and digital transformation or Learning & Development (product development experience is a plus).
- Understanding of challenges and opportunities around corporate innovation.
- Experience in workshop facilitation and comfortable guiding larger teams in virtual or physical settings.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with desire to build new offerings and strong ownership.
- Passion for developing own perspectives and summarising point of views for internal and external audiences.
- A team player with a hands-on mentality.
- A critical thinker who is comfortable to speak up and likes to engage in constructive discussions to make a team or organisation better.
- Distinct attention to detail with strong programme management skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills.
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity.
- Native level in German and English.
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, diverse and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- An environment that values and actively foster personal growth through sharing, mentoring and coaching
- Experience the value of collaboration across teams and be inspired and challenged by multiple perspectives.
- The ability to make an impact and work on challenges that matter for the organization.
- Work entrepreneurial with a high degree of ownership for your topics
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem with a global perspective from Berlin to Singapore
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.