The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin and Singapore.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
We are looking for a Transformation Manager (m/f/d) passionate about driving digital transformation and innovation in a corporate context.
As Transformation Manager you are responsible for the execution of projects between Lufthansa Innovation Hub and Lufthansa Group entities and development of formats and tangible products with the overarching objective of scaling the Lufthansa Group’s innovation potential and nurturing the cultural transformation and operating model necessary for a sustained digital transformation. Your aim is to drive the visibility and impact of innovation and digital transformation within Lufthansa Group.
In order to do so, you will continually inspire and educate Lufthansa Group decision makers and employees on relevant trends, methodologies and beliefs regarding (digital) innovation based on the Lufthansa Innovation Hub’s market perspectives in the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem and beyond. You will develop, market and facilitate innovative workshop formats and learning journeys focused on a wide array of topics (e.g. market trends, innovation methodologies, digital leadership). As a credible advocate for startup methodologies (e.g. Agile, Lean Startup, Design Thinking) and the future of work within the corporate context you will further develop our very own take on change management towards digitization and innovation.
In addition, you will own the continuous management and scaling of specific products aimed to support Lufthansa Group’s innovation agenda, such as internal innovation communities of digital-minded decision makers, a content hub as a one-stop shop for innovation methodologies and specific webinars and event series for internal audiences. You will also connect stakeholders within Lufthansa Group with relevant academic, tech players and service providers and promote our innovation measures on different communication platforms.
In your work you will collaborate closely with different teams in the Lufthansa Innovation Hub and leverage the expertise in research and market intelligence, new business development, communications as well as service & business design.
The position is part of the growing LIH Transformation team in Berlin with a high degree of personal presence at Lufthansa Group locations in Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna, Zurich and Cologne.
- Support in development, planning, marketing and implementation of educational offerings within Lufthansa Group (e.g. leadership workshops, virtual learning journeys, event series)
- Managing and scaling internal digital products sustainably increasing the visibility and importance of digital and innovation within Lufthansa Group (e.g. digital communities, innovation content hub)
- Constant extension of respective LIH know-how and point of view on topics around innovation management and methodologies, future of work, empowerment, etc.
- Marketing of growing LIH innovation portfolio towards Lufthansa Group entities and beyond
- Support of communication and event marketing efforts promoting digitization and innovation in general as well as the Travel & Mobility Tech developments in particular
- Ongoing relationship management of internal (e.g. decision makers, HR specialists) and external (e.g. startups, academia, service providers) stakeholders
- Ongoing know-how-transfer both into Lufthansa Innovation Hub as well as Lufthansa Group
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration and/or Behavioral Science context
- At least 1-3 years of relevant work experience in the corporate innovation context, management consulting with a focus on innovation or digital transformation or product development (experience with People & Organisation topics a plus)
- Credible understanding of challenges and opportunities around innovation in the corporate context inkl. innovation methodologies and trends around the future of work/New Work.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with desire to build new offerings and strong ownership.
- Experience in workshop facilitation and comfortable guiding larger teams in virtual or physical settings.
- Passion for developing your own perspectives and summarising point of views for internal and external audiences.
- A critical thinker who is comfortable to speak up and likes to engage in constructive discussions to make a team or organisation better
- A team player with a hands-on mentality
- Distinct attention to detail with strong programme management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- Native level in German and English
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Maintain a global perspective for your work with insights into the global ecosytem from Berlin toSingapore
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.