The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin and Singapore.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies and business models in the context of Travel & Mobility with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates new business and fosters strategic partnerships with existing players across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
The New Business Manager (m/f/d) drives the initial validation of digital venture/new business opportunities in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech. The generalist scope includes – among others – product and business development, online marketing, operations as well as sales tasks depending on the respective venture topic and your personal field of expertise.
Your overarching goal is to find product-market-fit for a specific business model hypothesis within a certain timeframe and develop a product or service and integrate it within the Lufthansa Group digital organization. Thereby, you will ensure the business needs and work deeply together with our developers and engineers. Furthermore, you will engage in strategic partnerships with existing third-parties.
The LIH understands its New Business Managers (m/f/d) as entrepreneurs executing with a high degree of creative freedom, operational flexibility and responsibility. Being this the case, you will work within small and fast-moving interdisciplinary teams in our Berlin office.
- Development of scalable new business opportunities/new products in the area of Travel & Mobility with a strong sense of customer centricity
- Project management incl. KPI monitoring and milestones
- Leading the interface to developers & engineers
- Stakeholder management incl. interface to designers and Lufthansa Group colleagues (in a mainly remote setting)
- Acquisition of relevant partners (e.g. product development, distribution, media etc.)
- Systematic know-how-transfer both into LIH as well as the Lufthansa Group organization
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration, IT (or equivalent)
- At least three years of relevant work experience in the digital context (e.g. startup, company builder, consultancy, …)
- Credible understanding of major digital business models, technologies, customer centricity and the tech ecosystems’ stakeholders
- Strong project and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work at the interface with IT
- Deeper knowledge of at least one specific field of digital products (Product Development/ Marketing/ Software Development/ Data)
- Fluency in German and English (spoken and written)
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
Not sure if you should apply because you don’t know if you’re a match? Feel free to write us anytime via mail (email@example.com) and ask your questions.
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.