The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai. The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
With its international offices, the LIH is expanding its footprint from Europe towards the world’s most dynamic Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem, Asia. Singapore and Shanghai are of particular importance being frontrunners in Urban Mobility as well as the important sites of the Lufthansa Group APAC organization.
As Partnership Manager China (m/f/d) you are driving strategic and commercial partnership projects between the LIH, the global Lufthansa Group organization as well as relevant stakeholders (e.g. startups, corporates, VCs, academia) of the Chinese Travel & Mobility Tech landscape. Thereby, you will engage in a constant, proactive dialogue with these stakeholders in order to leverage strategic advantages of Lufthansa Group (e.g. customer reach, brand, data assets, infrastructure) in multifaceted digital and commercial-driven partnership setups (e.g. R&D, lead generation, affiliate, co-branding, service agreements, marketing). While based in Singapore, this role is particularly focused on the Chinese ecosystem and extends LIH’s footprint in China.
Beside handling the day-to-day-operations of ongoing partnerships, you will also frequently play a role in the development, test, launch and growth phases of various Asian initiatives from other LIH departments, e.g. Trend & Market Intelligence, Venture Development or Strategic Investments.
The position reports to the Director Partnerships of LIH Berlin and Head of Business Development Asia of LIH Singapore.
- Build and manage relationships with Chinese startups, grownups, digital giants, incumbents as well as various stakeholders across Lufthansa Group
- Scout relevant Travel & Mobility Tech partnership opportunities in China addressing strategic needs in line with the Lufthansa Group digital agenda
- Help to negotiate terms and conditions for partnership trials as well as long-term-collaborations
- Define and monitor partnership-specific KPIs and milestones
- Plan, launch and steer partnership trials
- Drive long-term integrations of successful partnership setups within Lufthansa Group
- Manage and optimize existing portfolio of strategic partnerships
- Co-create new products and services with Asian partners and the various specialist teams of the LIH Berlin headquarters
- Represent the LIH and the Lufthansa Group on relevant platforms (e.g. events, conferences, media) towards existing and potential partners of the Asian tech ecosystem
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration (or equivalent) is a must, MBA a bonus
- Strong understanding of the digital Chinese ecosystem (e-commerce, social, B2B) and relevant business models, technologies is a must
- At least three years of relevant work experience in the digital, VC or start-up context in China, preferably in travel & mobility
- Experienced in business development, partnership and/or project management
- Open and outgoing personality, eager to meet new people and companies
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- Chinese native or at least 3-5 years of experience in China
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (German and/or further local languages a big plus)
- Ability and willingness to relocate to Singapore with frequent travels to China
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Be one of the first hires of our small, but growing Asia organization with a focus on China
- High degree of personal responsibility and autonomy
- Connect our base in Singapore with the Chinese ecosystem and help ramp up of our Shanghai office
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as supporter and challenger
- Receive competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.