The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai. The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
With its first international office in Singapore, the LIH is expanding its footprint from Europe towards the world’s most dynamic Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem, Asia. Thereby, Singapore is of particular importance being a frontrunner in Urban Mobility as well as the headquarter of the Lufthansa Group APAC organization.
As Partnership Manager (m/f/d) you are driving strategic and commercial partnership projects between the LIH, the global Lufthansa Group organization as well as relevant stakeholders (e.g. startups, corporates, VCs, academia) of the Travel & Mobility Tech landscape. Thereby, you will engage in a constant, proactive dialogue with these stakeholders in order to leverage strategic advantages of Lufthansa Group (e.g. customer reach, brand, data assets, infrastructure) in multifaceted digital partnership setups (e.g. R&D, lead generation, affiliate, co-branding, service agreements, marketing).
Beside handling the day-to-day-operations of ongoing partnerships, you will also frequently play a role in the development, test, launch and growth phases of various Asian initiatives from other LIH departments, e.g. Trend & Market Intelligence, Venture Development or Strategic Investments.
The position reports to the Director Partnerships of LIH Berlin and Head of Business Development Asia of LIH Singapore.
- Build and manage relationships with startups, grownups, digital giants, incumbents as well as various stakeholders across Lufthansa Group
- Scout relevant Travel & Mobility Tech partnership opportunities addressing strategic needs in line with the Lufthansa Group digital agenda
- Help to negotiate terms and conditions for partnership trials as well as long-term-collaborations
- Define and monitor partnership-specific KPIs and milestones
- Plan, launch and steer partnership trials
- Drive long-term integrations of successful partnership setups within Lufthansa Group
- Manage and optimize existing portfolio of strategic partnerships
- Co-create new products and services with Asian partners and the various specialist teams of the LIH Berlin headquarters
- Represent the LIH and the Lufthansa Group on relevant platforms (e.g. events, conferences, media) towards existing and potential partners of the Asian tech ecosystem
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration (or equivalent) is a must, MBA a bonus
- At least three years of relevant work experience, preferably in an Asian digital context
- Open and outgoing personality, eager to meet new people and companies
- Experienced in startup, VC and/or company building context as well as partnership and/or project management, preferably in the Asian digital space
- Solid understanding of major digital business models, technologies and respective modes of collaboration in a connected world
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- Fluent in English (Mandarin, German and/or further local languages a big plus)
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Be one of the first hires of our small, but growing Asia organization with a high degree of personal responsibility and autonomy
- Grow our base within the established Lufthansa Group APAC headquarters in the heart of Singapore
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as supporter and challenger
- Receive competitive compensation with benefits