The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
The Research & intelligence Analyst (m/f/d) plays a leading role in accelerating the LIH’s research content pipeline through in-depth analyses of trends and developments in the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem around the globe.
With the help of cutting-edge research and analysis tools, you will systematically track and screen the global startup ecosystem, compare and benchmark the performance of leading travel websites and apps, spot and identify R&D initiatives by leading industry players and systematically observe and interpret media coverage on Travel & Mobility Tech topics.
As part of the Trend & Market Intelligence unit, the position will give you the chance to establish a long-term-oriented knowhow basis and become a well-rounded tech analyst and expert within digital innovation and the future of travel and mobility. You will be involved in curating crisp market intelligence to support decision making both within the Lufthansa Innovation Hub as well as various Lufthansa Group innovation units.
- Understand business objectives and compile, analyze and synthesize statistical data, utilizing an existing portfolio of cutting-edge research tools
- Conduct unconventional data-driven research that combines our internal data with outside data sets to identify key trends and insights that dissect the momentum of Travel & Mobility Tech startups
- Visualize data-driven analysis, help build interactive dashboards and take our data-driven storytelling to the next level
- Perform competitor analysis and market research for our LIH ventures
- Scout and monitor promising start-ups within the Travel and Mobility Tech space
- Remain fully informed on market trends, other parties research and implement best practices
- Be our first point of contact for structural information needs in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech
- Manage ongoing trend watching, market analysis and foresight
- Business, Economics or Finance degree from leading business school or university, quantitative focus a plus
- Analyst profile with 3-5 years of experience in equity research, investment banking, strategy consulting, venture capital, market intelligence or market research, proving analytical skills with highly numerate mindset and a zeal for accuracy
- Strong business acumen with the ability to synthesize data, derive meaningful conclusions and write about trends and concepts
- Strong excel (to clean, transform, analyze, predict data) and powerpoint skills (to synthesize and package insights)
- Visualization skills (e.g. via Tableau) and other advanced analytics tools a big plus
- Hands-on professional database experience (e.g. Bloomberg, CapIQ, Pitchbook, Similarweb, Mattermark, Tracxn or CBI)
- Credible understanding of major technologies, startups and their relevant growth drivers
- Excellent English and German
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the global startup ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as supporter and challenger
- Multi-faceted corporate culture in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.