The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
(Senior) Business Development Managers – Venture (m/f/d) drive all business development and sales related aspects of our digital ventures in an entrepreneurial way – from idea via initial validation to market entry and scaling. As a business development and sales specialist, you join new business ventures to maximize market traction. Our venture teams turn an idea of a new product or service around travel & mobility into a fast-growing business to either generate substantial future revenues for Lufthansa Group or launch a full-blown spin-off company.
Your typical activities include outreach & sales, identifying the best business opportunities, defining prices and bundles, negotiating deals, building partnerships. (Senior) Business Development Managers – Venture at LIH enjoy a high degree of creative freedom, operational flexibility, and responsibility. This being the case, you will work closely with different team members in small, autonomous and fast-moving teams. The position is located in our Berlin office (remote work possible) and you will join our New Business stream.
- Independently shape and drive all business development and sales related aspects of our venture projects in Travel & Mobility Tech and take responsibility for their success
- Identify business opportunities, design business development strategy and lead strategic deal making for ventures
- Effective and resource-efficient sales & outreach including the definition & tracking of success metrics
- Ideate, pitch, and negotiate partnership deals
- Pricing and bundling
- Customer success management
- Align business development strategy with the strategic goals of the venture and the product side
- Build relevant partnerships (e.g. for cross-selling)
- Systematic know-how-transfer both into LIH as well as the Lufthansa Group organization
- Exceptional degree in Business, IT, or equivalent
- At least three years of relevant work experience in the digital context
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated ability to design mutually beneficial value propositions for customers and partners
- Strong stakeholder and customer relationship management
- In-depth knowledge of sales with strong negotiation skills and ability to close
- Proven track record of achievement including B2B, B2B2C, or D2C partnerships
- Attention to detail, in particular for contracts
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Experience in hyper-growth environment (successful startup or equivalent)
- Direct or indirect (e.g. management consultancy) work experience in corporate innovation
- Experience in travel or mobility
- Fluency in German
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow
- Gain deep insights into the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem, as well as into aviation and corporate innovation
- Work independently and entrepreneurially, owning operational decision making
- Enjoy an exceptional degree of flexibility and creative freedom (new work is real)
- Work with one of the most iconic brands in aviation, utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate