The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As Senior Investment Manager (m/f/d) you are the execution spearhead of our growing Invest capability. The Invest team supports Lufthansa Group holistically in all overarching questions as well as specific project streams around strategic minority and majority investments in the Travel & Mobility Tech context.
From the initial target identification over the strategic assessment to DD and closing, you will act as and end-to-end deal lead towards a wide variety of internal stakeholders (e.g. departments of our airlines and other subsidiaries, specialists of Corporate Strategy, Corporate Governance, Tax, Legal, HR and M&A within the Lufthansa Group core organization etc.).
Thereby, you will process an increasing amount of inbound investment proposals and steer engagement with relevant stakeholders from the investment target over external advisors to Lufthansa Group units and their leadership. Together with our Discover and Partner teams, you will be also proactively scouting, approaching and closing strategically relevant investment targets on a global scale.
Ultimately, you will be driving the ongoing maximization and optimization of conducted investments together with the involved departments of Lufthansa Group.
- Be a vocal advocate, evangelist and lobbyist of strategic technology investments in the Travel & Mobility Tech context within Lufthansa Group
- Screen the global Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem for potential targets
- Analyze and evaluate businesses by conducting due diligence and reference calls, researching industry sectors, interviewing the founding teams and checking financial models
- Write investment proposals and create presentations for Lufthansa Group stakeholders
- Lead end-to-end investment processes (incl. Tax, Legal, Compliance, M&A, Group Finance Committee, Group Management Board).
- Support portfolio companies as they grow their business and capture „intellectual ROI“ for the Lufthansa Group
- Attend events, meet entrepreneurs and build lasting relationships with relevant founders and companies engaging in Travel & Mobility Tech
- Exceptional degree (Master) from a top-tier university in Finance and/or Business Administration
- At least three years of relevant work experience in an investment role with tangible deal exposure (e.g. M&A, Venture Capital, Private Equity)
- Experience in a high-growth startup or other fast-paced environments within Investment Banking, Strategy Consulting and/or Technology
- Credible understanding of major digital business models combined with a strong analytical skill set for data-based evaluation
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills (Slack, Asana, Jira)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) as well as presentation skills
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- A native level in German and English
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Maintain a global perspective for your work from Berlin over Singapore to Shanghai
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits