The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – awarded „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As a (Senior) Partnership Manager (m/f/d), you will drive the development of partnerships between Lufthansa Group and the tech ecosystem. Specifically, you will identify partnership opportunities by scouting trends and upcoming players in Travel & Mobility Tech, build relationships and connect startups with Lufthansa-internal stakeholders, build strategically and commercially relevant business cases, and work on pilot projects to test our hypotheses.
Your work environment will be fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and absolutely hands-on.
- Build and manage relationships with startups, grownups, digital giants, and incumbents
- Nurture LIH’s relationships with Lufthansa Group-internal stakeholders to build bridges between our corporate culture and the tech ecosystem
- Keep track of external business contacts and document exchanges (PRM)
- Scout relevant Travel & Mobility Tech partnership opportunities to address strategic needs that are in line with the Lufthansa Group digital agenda
- Co-create new products and services with tech partners and the various specialist teams of the LIH Berlin headquarters
- Plan, launch and steer partnership trials
- Help to negotiate terms and conditions for partnerships
- Drive long-term integrations of successful partnership setups within Lufthansa Group
- Represent the LIH and the Lufthansa Group on relevant platforms (e.g. events, conferences, media) towards existing and potential partners of the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Degree in an innovation-related field (e.g. Technology Management, Entrepreneurship, Business Studies, Economics, Information Systems, Engineering Management)
- Affinity towards digital innovation, knowledge of relevant tech trends and methodological literacy (ideation, business model design, strategic positioning, project management)
- Ability to moderate between traditional corporate culture and startup world
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, analytical mindset, focus on solutions rather than on problems
- Excellent team player and strong communicator
- Fluency in English and German (written & verbal)
- Previous experience in partnership management or business development
- Professional experience in the travel industry with a good knowledge of airlines
- Founding experience or work experience in a startup, incubator or a digital consultancy
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team with a strong identity and unique culture
- Dive into the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem: work closely with startups, established tech players, and think tanks
- Work independently and entrepreneurially: initiate and own work-streams and projects
- Grow your network in the travel and mobility tech ecosystem
- Apply state-of-the-art approaches to digital innovation
- Experience flat hierarchies and a fast-paced environment in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.