At RYDES, we are building a travel engagement platform that empowers you to move around in a smart and sustainable way. Founded in the heart of Berlin with a passion for mobility, we are striving to shape a lifestyle product for the digital-savvy generation. Whether you hop on a train to work, jump on an e-scooter to university, grab a bike to meet your friends or book a taxi to your next party: RYDES aims to aggregate all different modes of transportation in one app! We make them bookable and reward people for their loyalty to move the way they want. We are a bunch of rebels of mobility, ready to disrupt and challenge the status quo of existing mobility solutions! Are you ready for RYDES?
Why we need you!
Here at RYDES, you’ll play a huge role in shaping how our users interact with the platform and you’ll have the chance to foster a collaborative learning environment at the same time.
We are a small team of creative and bright-minded people who are passionate about making a difference to the way people move. We disrupt anything previously seen, yet take data and customer needs to the forefront of our decisions. We’re now looking to get our hands dirty, grow as a team and continue to enhance our product – and we can’t do it without you!
How you’ll shape the mobility of tomorrow:
- Design, implement and maintain APIs for use by a variety of external partners;
- Improve our suite of ticket parsers;
- Work with our frontend team to define API specs for our mobile apps and take ownership over said APIs;
- Build out a recommender system for contextual travel recommendations;
- Integrate external travel booking APIs into an internal booking system;
- Review pull requests and give code reviews to your peers.
What you will bring along:
- Proven experience in Ruby and at least one other backend language;
- Expert-level proficiency in SQL ( Postgres, MySQL );
- Hands-on DevOps experience (Ubuntu, AWS, GCE);
- Experience with parsing engines;
- Proven ability to take backend features from spec to production autonomously;
- Detail-oriented and curious, with a drive to understand and solve technical challenges;
- Ability to quickly pick up new languages and libraries;
- Your code comes fully tested, you’ve thought about the edge-cases and security implications;
- You enjoy solving complex technical challenges autonomously, but at the same time you also like to stay in touch with the business side;
- Fluency in English is required; additional languages are a plus!
What’s in it for you?
- Be one of the first team members of a fast-growing mobility tech start-up;
- Significant growth potential and an array of entrepreneurial insights within a thriving environment;
- The freedom to innovate: have an idea how to improve something? Go for it and own it!
- We focus on results, not hierarchies – we want to grow as a team;
- Shape customers’ mobility journey of tomorrow;
- Work in our office located in the heart of Berlin.
At RYDES, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.