Yilu — solidly backed by Lufthansa Group — is on a mission to make traveling truly seamless. Yilu is a powerful B2B platform empowering the world’s leading travel brands to build more functional and personalized user frontends than ever before.
Join one of our self-sufficient, autonomous teams as a Senior Software Engineer (Data Engineer/ML) and work alongside some super-smart people, where you are empowered to take decisions jointly. Here you will experience freedom, brain-teasing challenges and a lot of guidance and support from your colleagues at Yilu!
Can you tell why logistic regression can take a recommender a long way? Were you excited when the Deep Learning book was published? Are you willing to participate in a heated discussion on the benefits of Spark or Pandas? Are you worried about hidden technical debt in ML infrastructure? Are you dreaming of Kafka clusters? Can you take a data scientist’s sketch and make it a fully functional recommender able to handle vast amounts of data?
If your answer to all of the above is yes, then we would like to hear from you!
- Contribute to Yilu’s distributed smart platform and help deliver a modern, scalable and resilient system;
- Design, develop, roll-out and maintain robust data pipelines which back our recommendation system;
- Shape the data manipulation and transformation across the whole platform;
- Own your work, from development to production;
- Work as part of a cross-functional scrum team which delivers value each sprint;
- Apply best practices for data engineering and mentor engineers.
- 5 years of experience in building and maintaining distributed systems;
- Fluent in at least two out of Python, Scala and Java;
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, their challenges and trade-offs;
- Deep understanding of data engineering, efficient pipelines, batch and stream processing;
- Basic understanding of foundational ML algorithms;
- Experience in designing, implementing and observing robust data pipelines;
- Hands-on experience with big data frameworks (Spark, Pig, etc.), ML tools (Tensorflow, PyTorch, SciPy, etc.), messaging systems and streaming platforms (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.);
- Excellent analytical skills and an agile mindset with the focus on delivering user value;
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS and Terraform as well as functional programming are a huge plus
What we offer
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing multinational team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation;
- Centrally located office in Mitte, with great access to great food and transport connections;
- Autonomous and empowering culture with a high degree of creative freedom;
- Extensive opportunities for professional growth and the chance to impact the success of the company;
- Honest communication, combining thoughtfulness and pragmatism;
- Agile development with continuous delivery and continuous integration (CI & CD);
- Competitive compensation with benefits;
- Hardware of your choice to make the magic happen!
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information visit http://www.yiluhub.com.