Yilu — solidly backed by Lufthansa Group — is on a mission to make traveling truly seamless. Yilu is a powerful B2B platform empowering the world’s leading travel brands to build more functional and personalized user frontends than ever before.
Join one of our self-sufficient, autonomous teams as a Senior Software Engineer (Distributed Systems) and work alongside some super-smart people, where you are empowered to take decisions jointly. Here you will experience freedom, brain-teasing challenges and a lot of guidance and support from your colleagues at Yilu!
Do you understand the value a microservice architecture brings? Do you feel comfortable addressing the problems that come along? Are you a fan of high availability and observability? Can you tell how event sourcing and CQRS relate? Do you think of CAP every time you develop a new service? Do functional programming principles fascinate you?
If your answer to all of the above is yes, then we would like to hear from you!
- Contribute to Yilu’s distributed platform and help deliver a modern, scalable and resilient system;
- Design, develop, roll-out and maintain microservices with stable and consistent APIs;
- Refactor synchronous, domain-modeled services to an asynchronous event sourced ones;
- Own your work, from development to production;
- Work as part of a cross-functional scrum team which delivers value each sprint;
- Apply best practices for designing distributed systems and mentor engineers.
- 5 years of experience in building and maintaining distributed systems;
- Fluent in at least two out of Java, Python and Scala;
- Deep understanding of distributed systems, their challenges and trade-offs;
- Experience in designing, implementing and observing microservice-based architectures;
- Hands-on experience with event sourcing, CQRS as well as messaging systems and streaming platforms (Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.);
- Excellent analytical skills and an agile mindset, with the focus on delivering user value;
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS and Terraform as well as familiarity with functional programming are a huge plus.
What we offer
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing multinational team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation;
- Centrally located office in Mitte, with great access to great food and transport connections;
- Autonomous and empowering culture with high degree of creative freedom;
- Extensive opportunities for professional growth and the chance to impact the success of the company;
- Honest communication, combining thoughtfulness and pragmatism;
- Agile development with continuous delivery and continuous integration (CI & CD);
- Competitive compensation with benefits;
- Hardware of your choice to make the magic happen!
Please send your application to email@example.com. For further information visit http://www.yiluhub.com.