(Senior) Strategic Designer (m/f/d)
Become an essential member of our New Business capability and join small and fast moving venture teams. Work closely with Venture Developers and other specialists to push the limits of the travel and mobility space. As a (Senior) Strategic Designer you target the innovation sweet spot of desirability, viability, and feasibility with your comprehensive toolkit of methods and practices. You will drive jointly with Venture Developers the discovery and validation of digital venture opportunities in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech. Throughout the process it is your role to uncover insights about the user as well as the customer. You will make sure that the team understands the behaviors, pain points, needs, and aspirations to ensure problem-solution fit.
- Engage in systematic ideation to come with the best business ideas for our venture funnel.
- Drive the validation of venture ideas incorporating consumer insights and strategic goals.
- Lead quantitative and qualitative research to uncover pain points, needs and insights.
- Bring actionable insights into the teams to ensure problem-solution fit and, ultimately, product market fit.
- Balance customer pains and needs with the business goals and the technical feasibility.
- Be responsible for the systematic application of design methods and strategy frameworks.
- Create narratives that help tell the story and value of the ventures in an impactful way
- Provide the big picture context necessary to drive the vision.
- Create impact by bringing the strategic design practice to the next level
- Degree in Design (preferred), Psychology, Strategy, Digital Innovation or equivalent qualification
- Outstanding education in Design Thinking, Strategic Design, User Research, Service Design.
- Relevant work experience in Strategic Design, Service or Business Design, UX/UI and/or Venture Development
- Research experience: Field and desk, quantitative and qualitative
- Ability to synthesize research into concrete recommendations and communicate them to relevant audiences
- Proven workshop facilitation experience
- Full proficiency in applying design and strategy frameworks/methods (e.g. Business Model Canvas, Blue Ocean Strategy, Value Proposition Canvas, Customer Journeys)
- Proficiency in creating wireframes and prototypes
- Enthusiastic team player with extensive creative, critical and business-oriented thinking capability
- Language: work proficiency in English, fluency in German is a plus
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong human-centered design capabilities across a diverse range of projects is a plus
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial. Holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At the Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) we explore and design the future of travel.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities .
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships and supports Lufthansa Group in its digital and cultural transformation.
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.
Please send your application email@example.com