The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for the Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of the Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As (Senior) Transformation Manager (m/f/d) you are responsible for the acquisition, scoping and implementation of joint transformation projects between the Lufthansa Innovation Hub and the Lufthansa Group. With your market perspectives on innovative organizations, you shape Lufthansa Group’s operating model and culture, help to rethink organizational structures and innovation processes and increase Lufthansa Group’s innovation potential. You will constantly be building bridges between the external ecosystem and the Lufthansa core organization to infuse best-practices for transformation and how innovative organizations and start-ups work through your transformation projects or tangible educational initiatives. You will act as a credible advocate for corporate and startup innovation methodologies (e.g. Agile, Lean Startup, Design Thinking), New Work and further develop our very own take on perspectives and change management towards digitization and innovation. To track the impact of our projects and continuously improve our transformation approaches, you will develop a data-driven approach to track our successes as well as failures.
As part of your work, you will connect stakeholders within Lufthansa Group with relevant academic, tech players and service providers and promote our transformational measures on different platforms (e.g. internal and external media, events).
The position is part of the growing LIH Transformation team in Berlin with some degree of personal presence at Lufthansa Group locations in Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna, Zurich and Cologne.
- Leading the acquisition, planning, marketing and implementation of transformational projects and workshops to scale Lufthansa Group’s innovation potential with a strong focus on rethinking corporate structures, processes and strategies with a market-driven perspective
- Recording and tracking the impact of transformation programs in measurements
- Develop perspectives of what transformation looks like at the individual, team, or organizational level and how it can work complementary with each other
- Market the growing LIH transformation service portfolio towards Lufthansa Group entities and beyond on the basis of continuous business development
- Relationship management of internal (e.g. decision makers, HR specialists) and external (e.g. startups, academia, service providers) stakeholders
- Know-how-transfer both into Lufthansa Innovation Hub as well as Lufthansa Group
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration, Behavioral and Social Science or other relevant context (additional experience in organizational development / innovation management is a plus)
- At least three to five years of relevant work experience in the context of digital and cultural transformation, consulting, change management, human resources and/or personal development
- Familiar with and knowledgeable in different types of organizational structures (e.g. holocracies, agile, lean) and project design (e.g. SAFe, Kanban, Scrum, LeSS)
- Understanding of relevant target models (OKRs, Impact Models) and how to implement them in a data-driven and people-centered manner
- Amazing communication skills to help you promote cultural and digital change for more innovation in organizations with profound understanding, which organizational levers you need to activate for that (e.g. leadership, talent management, etc.)
- Comfortable selling, designing and building transformation projects and bring a good stakeholder management sensibility to the table
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills
- Great curiosity for the integration of data-driven approaches (e.g. use and translation of benchmarks)
- Having experience delivering hybrid (digital / offline) workshops
- Native level in German and English
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- An environment that values and actively foster personal growth through sharing, mentoring and coaching in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Experience the value of collaboration across teams and be inspired and challenged by multiple perspectives.
- The ability to make an impact and freedom to shape your work.
- Work entrepreneurial with a high degree of ownership for your topics
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international startup ecosystem a global global perspective for your work from Berlin over Singapore to Shanghai
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.