The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
The Senior Venture Development Manager (m/f/d) holistically leads the initial validation of digital venture opportunities in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech. Thereby, you will be particularly responsible for the setup of the underlying value and growth hypothesis, the definition of KPIs and milestones, the acquisition of relevant partners, the steering of the product development as well as the ongoing business development with internal and external stakeholders.
Your overarching goal is to find product-market-fit for a specific business model hypothesis within a certain timeframe and develop the product or service towards a potential spin-off as a separate company or integrate it within the Lufthansa Group digital organization. Furthermore, you will engage in strategic partnerships with existing third-parties.
The LIH understands its Senior Venture Development Managers (m/f/d) as entrepreneurs executing with a high degree of creative freedom, operational flexibility and responsibility. Being this the case, you will lead small and fast-moving interdisciplinary teams in our Berlin office and report directly to our Director Venture Development.
- Holistic steering of Venture Development projects in Travel & Mobility Tech
- Maintaining a lean project framework (including roles and responsibilities of project team members, relevant tools, processes)
- Coordinating remote teams (e.g. product development, design)
- Definition, monitoring and attainment of project-specific KPIs and milestones
- Acquisition of relevant partners (e.g. product development, distribution, media etc.)
- Business development with internal (Lufthansa Group) and external stakeholders
- Systematic know-how-transfer both into LIH as well as the Lufthansa Group organization
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration (or equivalent)
- At least five years of relevant work experience in the digital context
- Experience in startup and/or company builder context with proven leadership track record
- Credible understanding of major digital business models, technologies and the tech ecosystems’ stakeholders
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills (Slack, Asana, Jira)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) as well as strong presentation skills
- Strategic mindset with a general understanding of the digital transformation challenges as well as opportunities in the corporate context
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- A native level in German and English
- MBA degree
- Experience as startup (co-)founder
- Direct or indirect (e.g. management consultancy) working experience in the corporate context
- Professional touch points with the travel and mobility space
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Maintain a global perspective for your work from Berlin over Singapore to Shanghai
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits