The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the Lufthansa Group based in Berlin and Singapore.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships and supports Lufthansa Group in its digital and cultural transformation.
With our mission of creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the LIH works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as experienced talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
You will be responsible for managing the further development & ongoing operations of software platforms built by LIH by acting as the bridge between Lufthansa Group and our engineering team.
- Planning further developments: Receive business requirements from Lufthansa Group, work with our engineering team to translate business into technical requirements, work with our management team to create a formal proposal
- Ensuring the delivery of planned developments: Coordinate deployment timelines with LHG and our engineering team, ensure these timelines are met through proper sprint and resource planning
- Managing operations: Coordinate platform support by managing our support resources and ensure that support tickets are properly handled as per our service level agreements & quality standards
- Stakeholder management: Act as the contact person for all platform-related matters inside the LIH as well as within Lufthansa Group
- Minimum of 3+ years technical program/project management experience (or similar role) managing complex cross-functional projects in a fast-paced environment
- Tenacious self-starter who thrives in environments characterized by volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity where you get to utilize your resourceful and creative problem solving nature to facilitate alignment, coordination and overall project momentum through completion
- Excellent ability to probe complex dependencies, distill project plans, and drive successful cross-team outcomes
- Strong working knowledge of project and work stream management tools such as Jira, Notion, and Shortcut
- Superb organizational skills and an analytical view on maximizing team productivity with a focus on value and outcomes rather than getting caught up on rigid processes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and eager to ask questions, deeply understand business and product objectives, and communicate clearly and directly to drive alignment among both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Resilient determination to push projects through to completion, regardless of how priorities or deadlines may shift in a dynamic environment and rapidly evolving industry
- Background in engineering or security (valuable addition)
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, diverse and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- An environment that values and actively foster personal growth through sharing, mentoring and coaching
- Experience the value of collaboration across teams and be inspired and challenged by multiple perspectives
- The ability to make an impact and work on challenges that matter for the organization
- Work entrepreneurially with a high degree of ownership for your topics
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem with a global perspective from Berlin to Singapore
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.