The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
With its first Satellite office in Singapore, Lufthansa Innovation Hub is expanding its footprint from Europe towards the world’s most dynamic Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem Asia. Thereby, Singapore is of particular importance being a frontrunner in Urban Mobility and Travel as well as headquarter of the Lufthansa Group APAC organisation.
The Trend & Market Intelligence Analyst (m/f/d) covers a distinctive part in accelerating the knowledge base and research pipeline of LIH through in-depth-analyses of relevant trends and developments in the Asian Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem.
With the help of cutting-edge research and analysis tools, you will systematically track and screen the Asian startup ecosystem, compare and benchmark the performance of leading travel platforms, identify R&D initiatives by key industry players and systematically observe the media narrative on Travel & Mobility Tech topics. The overarching goal is to predict which emerging trends and digitally-driven innovation efforts will succeed and potentially become strategically relevant for the digitization agenda of Lufthansa Group. These data-driven insights will be used to systematically develop strategic answers, e.g. through strategic partnerships, investments and in-house-development of digital products and services building on the strong Asian footprint of Lufthansa Group.
As part of the LIH Research and Intelligence capability, the position will give you the chance to establish long-term-oriented know-how grounded in the context of digital innovation in general as well as Travel & Mobility Tech in particular. You will be producing and curating market intelligence (specific insights, reports, analyses) in order to enhance our understanding of the Asian Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem, for instance by focussing on newly established companies, venture capital streams and relevant changes in consumption habits.
As a part of our team in the Asian region, you will also help to identify potential partnership, investment and incubation opportunities with promising startups as well as seasoned tech talent from all over the Asian continent, especially focusing on core APAC markets as well as China in particular.
This role is based out of our Singapore office.
- Produce data-driven research, combining internal with outside data sets to identify trends and insights that dissect the momentum of Travel & Mobility Tech startups
- Be our point of contact for structural information needs in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech innovations in Asia
- Remain fully informed on ongoing market and consumption trends, peer group insights, third-party-research and best practices
- Understand business objectives and compile, analyse and synthesise statistical data, utilising an existing portfolio of cutting-edge research tools
- Visualise data-driven analyses, help build interactive dashboards and take our data-driven storytelling to the next level
- Help to derive and initiate partnerships between Lufthansa Group, LIH and Travel & Mobility Tech players
- Build and manage ongoing trend watching, market analysis and foresight
- Analyst profile with 2+ years of experience (internships included) in market intelligence and/or market research, data analytics, equity research, investment banking, strategy consulting, venture capital
- Business, Economics, Finance, STEM degree is a must
- Analytical skills with a highly numerate mindset and a zeal for accuracy
- Strong business acumen with the ability to synthesise data and derive meaningful conclusions and insights
- Strong data (clean, transform, analyse and predict data) and presentation (to synthesise and package insights) skills
- Hands-on professional database experience (e.g. Data.ai, Pitchbook, Similarweb, Quid).
- Credible understanding of major technologies, startups and their relevant growth drivers
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (further local languages are a plus)
- An additional degree with an analytical focus is a strong plus
- Visualisation skills (e.g. via Tableau) and other advanced analytics tools a plus
- The ability to collect/scrape and structure data from open sources for further research is a strong plus
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate