The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
Venture Development Managers (m/f/d) drive digital ventures – from idea via initial validation to market entry and scaling. As a jack-of-all-trades, your typical activities may include value proposition shaping, business modeling, product development, go-to-market planning & execution, operations as well as partnership negotiations & sales – depending on the respective venture topic and your personal field of expertise.
Your overarching goal is to turn an idea of a new product or service around travel & mobility into a fast-growing business to either generate substantial future revenues for Lufthansa Group or launch a full-blown startup into the market.
Venture developers at LIH enjoy a high degree of creative freedom, operational flexibility, and responsibility. This being the case, you will work in small, autonomous and fast-moving teams in our Berlin office (remote work partially possible) and join our New Business stream.
- Drive venture projects in Travel & Mobility Tech, take responsibility for their success and ensure a goal-based implementation
- Build, implement and manage digital products
- Drive small, interdisciplinary teams with a high degree of personal freedom
- Coordinate remote teams (e.g. product development, design)
- Monitor and attain project-specific KPIs and milestones
- Acquire relevant partners (e.g. distribution, media etc.)
- Business development with internal (Lufthansa Group) and external stakeholders
- Systematic know-how-transfer both into LIH as well as the Lufthansa Group organization
- Degree in Business, IT, or equivalent
- At least three years of relevant work experience in the digital context
- First experience in startup and/or company builder or equivalent
- Credible understanding of digital business models, technologies and the tech ecosystem
- Strong business acumen, innovation mindset and hands-on attitude
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, out-of-the-box thinking and resourcefulness
- Strong project management skills
- Great communication (verbal and written) as well as strong presentation skills
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- In-depth knowledge of at least one specific field of digital products (Software Development/ Product Development/ Growth Marketing/ Data /Quantitative Business Modeling )
- Fluency in English, spoken and written
- Experience as startup (co-)founder
- Direct or indirect (e.g. management consultancy) work experience in corporate innovation
- Experience in travel or mobility
- Fluency in German
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow
- Gain deep insights into the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem, as well as into aviation and corporate innovation
- Work independently and entrepreneurially owning sub-budgets and workstreams
- Enjoy an exceptional degree of flexibility and creative freedom (new work is real)
- Work with one of the most iconic brands in aviation, utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.