The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As an Intern Partnerships (m/f/d) in our growing Partnerships team in Berlin, Germany you will support the development and ongoing optimization of commercial and strategic partnerships between Lufthansa Group and the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem.
Thereby, you will identify partnership opportunities, support relationships both to relevant players and Lufthansa Group stakeholders on a global scale, develop strategically and commercially relevant business cases as well as work on pilot projects to test the underlying hypotheses.
- First degree in an innovation-related field (e.g. Technology Management, Entrepreneurship, Business Studies, Economics, Information Systems and/or Engineering Management)
- First professional experience of working in a startup, incubator or a consultancy within the travel industry
- Strong entrepreneurial drive, an analytical mindset, and focus on solutions rather than on problems
- Profound experience with MS Office and love to explore new tools. Ideally, you are used to working with CRM systems (e.g. Pipedrive, Hubspot) and collaboration & project management tools (e.g. Slack, Asana, Trello, Notion, Miro)
- Strong communication and team play skills
- Fluency in English and German, spoken and written
- Substantial travel and mobility enthusiasm
- Available from now on for at least 3 months
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international startup ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as supporter and challenger
- Maintain a global perspective for your work from Berlin over Singapore to Shanghai
- Experience multi-faceted corporate culture with flat hierarchies in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- A working student is also possible
- Receive competitive compensation with benefits