The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As Transformation Manager (m/f/d) you are responsible for the development and execution of projects between Lufthansa Innovation Hub and Lufthansa Group entities fostering the cultural breeding ground for a sustainable digital transformation. The overarching motif is to constantly educate Lufthansa Group decision makers on relevant trends, methods and beliefs regarding digitization in general as well as Travel & Mobility Tech in specific.
Being this the case, you will develop, market and execute digital literacy programs, learning journeys and workshop formats focused on the market perspective, consisting of trends, business models and startups perceived by the Lufthansa Innovation Hub in the global tech ecosystem. Thereby, you will act as a credible advocate for startup methodology (e.g. Agile, Lean Startup, Design Thinking), New Work and further develop our very own take on change management towards digitization and innovation.
Together with the Venture Development, Trend & Market Intelligence as well as Service & Business Design experts of Lufthansa Innovation Hub you will also develop comprehensible narratives, tangible products and services driving the visibility and impact of digital transformation within Lufthansa Group. This includes among others an internal community of digital-minded decision makers, webinars, event series as well as strategic collaborations with best-practice-makers in the respective field. Furthermore, you will connect stakeholders within Lufthansa Group with relevant academic, tech players and service providers and promote our transformational measures on different platforms (e.g. internal and external media, events).
The position is part of the growing LIH Transformation team in Berlin with a high degree of personal presence at Lufthansa Group locations in Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna, Zurich and Cologne.
- Development, planning, marketing and implementation of transformational projects within Lufthansa Group (e.g. digital literacy and personal development programs, workshops, event series)
- Contribute to the development of internal digital ventures sustainably increasing the visibility and importance of digital contribution within Lufthansa Group (e.g. digital community management, digital workspace development)
- Constant extension of respective LIH know-how and resources
- Marketing of growing LIH transformation service portfolio towards Lufthansa Group entities and beyond
- Support of communication and event marketing efforts promoting digitization and innovation in general as well as the Travel & Mobility Tech developments in particular
- Ongoing relationship management of internal (e.g. decision makers, HR specialists) and external (e.g. startups, academia, service providers) stakeholders
- Ongoing know-how-transfer both into Lufthansa Innovation Hub as well as Lufthansa Group
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration and/or Behavioral Science context
- At least three years of relevant work experience in a digital context and/or management consulting
- Credible understanding of challenges and opportunities of digital transformation in the corporate context, change management as well as organizational behaviour
- Credible understanding of major digital business models, trends, technologies and the digital ecosystems’ stakeholders
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- Native level in German and English
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial holistically owning budgets, workstreams and operational decision making
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits