The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
With its first Satellite office in Singapore, Lufthansa Innovation Hub is expanding its footprint from Europe towards the world’s most dynamic Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem Asia. Thereby, Singapore is of particular importance being a frontrunner in Urban Mobility as well as headquarter of the Lufthansa Group APAC organization.
As Head of Business Development Asia (m/f/d) you are driving the growing Asian footprint of the Lufthansa Innovation Hub focussing on the predominant local Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystems. Serving as the primary “eyes and ears” of the Berlin/Germany-based LIH operation on the Asian continent, you will engage in a constant, proactive dialogue with relevant startups, corporates, academia as well as specific talent in order to ensure a sustainable rooting for our partnership, incubation and investment activities increasingly shifting towards Asia.
In collaboration with the Trend & Market Intelligence and Business & Service Design team of LIH, the digital organization of Lufthansa Group as well as topic-specific specialists across the Lufthansa Group units your overarching goal is to increase our visibility as well as relevance in the growing Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem of Asia and drive opportunities to leverage existing Lufthansa Group strategic advantages (e.g. customer reach, brand, data assets, infrastructure etc.) in multifaceted digital partnership setups (e.g. R&D, lead generation, affiliate, co-branding, service agreements, academia).
Among others, you will identify, negotiate, test-drive and implement commercial partnerships between Lufthansa Group units, Lufthansa Innovation Hub and relevant players of the Asian Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem. You will also constantly interact with our Venture Development, Partnerships and Investment team in Berlin/Germany to funnel relevant insights and trends as well as tangible business opportunities. Furthermore, you will contribute to the overall global digital partnership strategy of Lufthansa Group (e.g. through further development of a Group-wide CRM database for partnership deal flow).
As the first and thereby currently leading representative of the LIH in Asia, you will sustainably shape our footprint in the respective ecosystems focusing on core APAC markets as well as China. The position is based in Singapore and involves regular travel for representation purposes across core APAC markets and China (esp. Shanghai) as well as Europe (esp. Berlin and Frankfurt am Main).
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration (or equivalent) is a must, MBA a bonus
- At least five years of relevant work experience, preferably in the Asian digital space
- Open and outgoing personality with strong intercultural skills, eager to meet new people and companies
- Existing networking footprint in the Asian tech ecosystem (travel and mobility focus a plus)
- Experience in startup and/or company builder context as well as key-account- and/or project management, preferably in the Asian digital space
- Credible understanding of major digital business models, technologies and respective modes of collaboration in a connected world
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- Fluent in English (Mandarin and/or further local languages a plus)
- Act as the main point of contact in our growing coverage of the Asian continent focussing on Travel & Mobility Tech
- Engage in ongoing relationship building, relationship management and community development with startups, grownups, digital giants, corporates and stakeholders across Lufthansa Group in core APAC markets as well as China
- Represent the LIH on relevant platforms (e.g. local events, conferences, media, industry advocacy groups) to maintain a holistic and authentic ecosystem footprint
- Filter and funnel Asian Travel & Mobility Tech trends, insights, targets and business opportunities addressing strategic needs of LIH and the Lufthansa Group digital agenda
- Negotiate terms and conditions for partnership trials as well as long-term-collaborations
- Plan, execute and steer partnership trials
- Co-create new products and services with Asian partners and the LIH core team in Berlin
- Manage, optimize and enhance our growing network of partners and multiplicators across Asia
- Grow Lufthansa Group partnership deal flow CRM as its lead for the Asian continent
- Steer the ramp-up of our next Asian Satellite location in Shanghai, China
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Be one of the first hires of our small, but growing Asia organization with a high degree of personal responsibility and autonomy
- Be based in the established Lufthansa Group APAC headquarters in the heart of Singapore
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international startup ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as supporter and challenger
- Competitive compensation with benefits
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org