The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the world’s largest aviation corporation Lufthansa Group based in Berlin, Singapore and Shanghai.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, holistically incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships with existing players as well as invests strategically across the travel and mobility chain.
Creating and capturing value for the Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the unit works closely with aviation experts of the Lufthansa Group as well as field-proven talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As Senior Transformation Manager (m/f/d) you are responsible for the development and implementation of joined transformation and education projects between the Lufthansa Innovation Hub and the Lufthansa Group. Shaping the “market perspective” on the digital transformation efforts of the Lufthansa Group, you will be constantly building bridges between the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem and the Lufthansa core organisation regarding research, communication, transformation best practises as well as tangible educational efforts.
Being this the case, you will holistically develop, market and execute digital literacy programs, learning journeys and workshop formats focused on the “market perspective”, consisting of trends, business models and startups perceived by the Lufthansa Innovation Hub in the global tech ecosystem. Thereby, you will act as a credible advocate for startup methodology (e.g. Agile, Lean Startup, Design Thinking), New Work and further develop our very own take on change management towards digitization and innovation.
Together with other teams of the Lufthansa Innovation Hub you will develop comprehensible narratives, tangible products and services driving the visibility and impact of digital transformation within Lufthansa Group. This includes among others an internal community of digital-minded decision makers, webinars, event series as well as strategic collaborations with best-practice-makers in the respective field. Furthermore, you will connect stakeholders within Lufthansa Group with relevant academic, tech players and service providers and promote our transformational measures on different platforms (e.g. internal and external media, events).
The position is part of the growing LIH Transformation team in Berlin with a high degree of personal presence at Lufthansa Group locations in Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna, Zurich and Cologne.
- Leading the development, planning, marketing and implementation of transformational projects within Lufthansa Group (e.g. digital literacy and personal development programs, workshops, event series)
- Drive development of internal digital ventures sustainably increasing the visibility and importance of digital contribution within Lufthansa Group (e.g. digital community management, digital workspace development)
- Market the growing LIH transformation service portfolio towards Lufthansa Group entities and beyond
- Support of communication and event marketing efforts promoting digitization and innovation in general as well as the Travel & Mobility Tech developments in particular
- Relationship management of internal (e.g. decision makers, HR specialists) and external (e.g. startups, academia, service providers) stakeholders
- Know-how-transfer both into Lufthansa Innovation Hub as well as Lufthansa Group
- Exceptional degree in Business Administration or other relevant context (e.g. Behavioral Science)
- At least three years of relevant work experience in the context of digital transformation, consulting, change management, human resources and/or personal development
- Credible understanding of major digital business models, technologies and the digital ecosystems’ stakeholders
- Credible understanding of methodological approaches to talent development, knowledge delivery in large organisations as well as change management
- Understanding of the challenges and opportunities in digital transformation strategies
- Distinct attention to detail with strong project management skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, including strong presentation and Powerpoint skills
- Distinct travel and mobility affinity
- Native level in German and English
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, hard-working and constantly growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international startup ecosystem
- Work independently and entrepreneurial owning work-streams and projects
- Utilize seasoned Lufthanseats and experienced tech talent as supporter and challenger
- Multi-faceted corporate culture in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
- Competitive compensation with benefits