The Lufthansa Innovation Hub (LIH) – named „Germany’s Best Digital Lab“ – is the digital transformation spearhead of the Lufthansa Group based in Berlin and Singapore.
The LIH discovers, evaluates and implements new technologies in the context of Travel & Mobility Tech with and for industry-leading airlines such as Lufthansa, Eurowings, SWISS and Austrian Airlines, the frequent flyer program Miles & More as well as other renowned Lufthansa Group entities.
Our growing team of tech, design, market intelligence, venture capital and digital transformation experts engages in ongoing trend and market research, incubates digital ventures, fosters strategic partnerships and supports Lufthansa Group in its digital and cultural transformation.
With its mission of creating and capturing value for Lufthansa Group beyond its core business of flying, the LIH works closely with aviation experts of Lufthansa Group as well as experienced talent from the Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem on a global scale.
As Working Student Transformation (m/f/d) you will assist in the development and execution of various channels, formats and events driven by the Transformation team to strengthen the innovation potential of Lufthansa Group.
This includes among others an internal community of digital-minded colleagues and decision makers, webinars, event series as well as collaborations with external partners in the respective fields. Furthermore, you will help to connect stakeholders within the Lufthansa Group with relevant academia, tech players and service providers as well as promote our transformational measures on different platforms (e.g. internal and external media).
The position is part of the new LIH Transformation team in Berlin with occasional personal presence at the Lufthansa Group locations in Frankfurt am Main, Munich, Vienna, Zurich and Cologne. The position is to be filled starting from November 2021.
- Support for the continuous development of internal channels and formats, such as an innovation community, to increase the visibility and impact of innovation within Lufthansa Group
- Support in the marketing, execution and facilitation of (virtual) learning formats with Lufthansa Group employees
- Support in the development of LIH know-how and point of views on topics around innovation methodologies, digital leadership, innovative organizations, future of work, organizational design, people empowerment, etc.
- Ongoing know-how-transfer both into Lufthansa Innovation Hub as well as Lufthansa Group
- Internal knowledge management and administrative support
- Student in Business Administration, Human Resources and/or Behavioral Science (preferred completed BA degree)
- First professional experience (e.g. internships or similar) in the context of startups, incubators and/or management consulting
- Basic understanding of challenges and opportunities of digital transformation in the corporate context, change management as well as organizational behavior
- Sincere curiosity for major digital business models, trends, technologies and the digital ecosystems’ stakeholders
- Attention to detail with project management talent
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and presentation skills
- Native level in German and English
- Availability of at least 6 months
What we offer:
- Be an essential member of a smart, diverse and growing team developing solutions for the traveler of tomorrow together with one of the most iconic brands in aviation
- An environment that values and actively foster personal growth through sharing, mentoring and coaching
- Experience the value of collaboration across teams and be inspired and challenged by multiple perspectives.
- The ability to make an impact and work on challenges that matter for the organization.
- Work entrepreneurial with a high degree of ownership for your topics
- Gain deep insights into the corporate world as well as the international Travel & Mobility Tech ecosystem with a global perspective from Berlin to Singapore
- Experience a truly unique setting in the heart of the Berlin tech ecosystem
At LIH, we are super committed to fostering an environment that promotes diversity and inclusivity. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of factors irrelevant to merit, qualifications or business need such as age, race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, medical status, or any other status covered by the relevant law in the areas where we operate.